Saile Technologies is a minority owned SBA 8(a) certified business. Federal government agencies can contract with Saile Technologies directly using sole-source acquisition up to a ceiling of $4 million. The 8(a) Sole Source vehicle provides federal government agencies a simplified and shortened acquisition procedure that lowers the administrative costs, reduces decision cycles and allows the agency to negotiate the best value with the 8(a) firm.
Below are the steps for establishing an 8(a) Sole Source contract with Saile Technologies:
- The program manager obtains the necessary funding and develops a package that includes a requirements description, estimated period of performance, applicable NAICS code, anticipated dollar value, type of contract to be awarded, statement of work, etc.
- The program manager chooses Saile Technologies to perform the work and submits a procurement request to the agency contracting officer.
- The agency contracting officer prepares an Offering Letter to the SBA requesting permission to conduct sole source negotiations with Saile Technologies. The 8(a) Offering Letter should be emailed to Gloria Gomez at: email@example.com.
- SBA confirms eligibility of Saile Technologies and authorizes negotiations.
- The agency contracting officer submits the Statement of Work and Request for Proposal or Quotation to Saile Technologies.
- Saile Technologies submits the Proposal or Quotation Response which is evaluated and negotiated by the agency.
- Following completion of negotiations, the contract is awarded to Saile Technologies allowing the contract performance to begin.
These steps can be accomplished within a few days in most cases.